L.A. agency received 13 calls about boy before his suspicious death

Jul 2, 2018 | Uncategorized

The director of the Los Angeles County Department of Child and Family Services says the agency was aware of alleged abuse at the home of a 10-year-old boy prior to his suspicious death last week. The L.A. Times reported Sunday that social workers and police were told Anthony Avalos had been abused for years before dying Thursday from head trauma, with cigarette burns all over his body. The boy’s mother told authorities he had fallen and hit his head.

Law enforcement is investigating the death as suspicious. No charges have been filed.

Department of Child and Family Services Director Bobby Cagle confirmed to CBS Los Angeles that the agency received 13 calls to the boy’s home from February of 2013 to April of 2016, though some were duplicate calls about the same issue. He did not say what that issue was.

Read More

Advertisements

Comments

comments

One Child Is Too Many

Join our mailing list to receive a weekly update of the top stories.

Thank you. You have successfully subscribed

Pin It on Pinterest

Help Spread The Word

Please share this post with your friends!

Shares
%d bloggers like this: