Light at the end of the tunnel of abuse

By Amanda Beam

Apr 16, 2017 | Feature

As journalists, we often make open appeals for sources.

I did this on my personal Facebook page a few weeks back, asking for friends who had prosecuted their childhood sexual abuse perpetrator to speak to me about their experience.

In an hour, six individuals contacted me about telling their stories. I was both humbled and astounded. Only around 30 percent of victims report the crimes to authorities. If I had asked about the other 70 percent’s tales, how many more survivors would have come forward?

Read More

 

Advertisements

Comments

comments

One Child Is Too Many

Join our mailing list to receive a weekly update of the top stories.

Thank you. You have successfully subscribed

Pin It on Pinterest

Help Spread The Word

Please share this post with your friends!

Shares
%d bloggers like this: